Tuesday, April 1, 2008

test

Thanks for riding the Bus! No need to tip the driver! Today, April 1, 2008, I am posting my 787th post on this blog. I think I am going to park this blog for awhile. I don't feel the passion for writing here that I once did. And I get tired of people pissing on my leg and telling me it's raining. Besides, it's Springtime in Springfield and budget crisis' aside (doesn't the county run on sales tax too?), there are sidewalks to build and grass to mow and empty septic tank holes to fill.
I spent almost all of last summer re-doing the Airstream. Now that I got it finished, now that I got the suburban all set to go, I am going to use them. Yeah, that's the ticket. I'm gonna take a thousand dollars and head west until I've spent 500, then I'm gonna turn around and come back. The private nurse says with three dollar gasoline I MAY make it to Tulsa and back.
This weekend, my wife and I are taking the Airstream down to Branson for the weekend. We know some fellow Airstream travelers and we rendezvous in Branson at Compton Ridge Campground twice a year. Here are some photos from last October's gathering.

I will be 59 years old next month. I guess I finally realized I will never be Superman. I have been retired for three years now and I got a few more stars I am going to shoot for, it ain't over 'til the fat lady sings.

So, I am going to take a break for awhile. Thanks for riding and I appreciate you. (four row, last person on the right, 1968)
An Ozark woman

Cream pie

No comments: